About Me

My photo
Miami Beach, FL, United States
Scott Diffenderfer is a Licensed Real Estate Broker Associate at Compass with 11 years of real estate and over 25 years of marketing, fundraising, sales and management experience. Scott has worked with buyers from around the world to find their dream homes. If you’re not sure which neighborhood is right for you or whether you want a house or a condo, Scott is the agent who can help you figure out what’s best for your needs.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 37

It's been a while since I've posted.  I can't even believe that I haven't driven a car for 37 days.  They say it takes doing something for 3 weeks before it becomes a habit...obviously I am now in the habit of riding the bike instead of driving.

I've learned to carry a backpack everywhere.  That way way I can run errands and be able to carry stuff.  I go to the supermarket almost every day and buy what I need so that I can carry it home.  The one not-so-smart thing was my trip to the drycleaners.  I was actually able to carry the drycleaning but it was a windy day and probably not the smartest thing.  I had to go real slow and a gust of wind almost forced me into the curb.  But now I know only to get dry cleaning on a day with no wind.

Luckily, I have not had any more rain issues since that horrible Monday a few weeks ago.  I have still not prepared any raingear but it hasn't really rained that much.  And when it did rain, I was fortunate enough to have been able to adjust my schedule accordingly. 

It has gotten really hot the last week or so.  And I have had a couple of 10-12 mile trips in mid day to show property.  But so far I haven't gotten overheated because of the motor.  I have to admit that when it's 90 degrees and sunny, I do not pedal at all...I use the motor exclusively.  But it hasn't been that bad. 

And sunscreen is essential - everyday.

At some point I'm going to have to drive...but not yet.  I really never thought I would still be able to go this long.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment